Saturday, September 7, 2013

Welcome!


This learning blog log is a showcase of my learning experiences and projects as I progress through my Master of Education Technology Degree here at Boise State University.  This will become a review of my journey as a novice in technology education to an apprentice.  I say apprentice because technology grows so fast, there will always be more to learn.

My name is Nora Lawson.  I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I have worked at a number of jobs over the years,but have had two careers.  I spent 10 years teaching at a Title One Elementary School and have been a massage therapist/bodyworker for 19 years now.

Presently, I am taking a two year leave of absence from teaching to pursue this degree.  I took the leave of absence because I was feeling burnt out -not from teaching.  I love teaching young people.  I needed a break from a school district that cared more about state test scores than helping young people become life-long learners.

Besides teaching and bodywork my interests are gardening, reading science fiction, mysteries, and current events; gardening, spending time with my husband and our 10 or so cats, and hanging out at the beach.

I am excited about all that I am going to learn in this program.  This will help me become a better teacher and help future struggling students become more successful in their education.







No comments: